Painting is a great way to express your feelings, visions and emotions. The method of painting is applying a substance or material to a surface. There are many different applicators you can use to apply the paint or substance with, such as a paint brush, sponges, air brush and knife. The process of applying the substance to the material is called painting and the finished product is also called a painting.
You can achieve an immense sense of achievement when completing a painting. There are so many surfaces that can be used for painting, making the activity truly versatile and up to the imagination of the artist. Oil, acrylic and watercolor are some of the most popular mediums used, but nowadays people are moving more towards digital painting as it is easily duplicated. We have a visual representation of history from ancient art and paintings, helping us to understand the civilisations of the past. Painting used to be a way to preserve history in pictorial form but nowadays we use photographs to do the same. These days it is more a recreation enjoyed by all ages. Painting is easily turned into a business as it is a sought after skill. Many business centres, hospitals and family homes are on the lookout for good paintings to display at their premises.
Keep scrolling down the page to learn more about this hobby. HobbyFinda has over 300 exciting hobbies to explore and with the use of our HobbyFinda Calculator, we make it easy for you to find a hobby the fun way!
All About Oil Painting Tips
By: Shijina Shijina
Oil painting is a method of drawing the pictures using various oil paints available. It comprises of wide range of procedures, so that excellent color painting can be obtained. Oil painting can be used either thickly or thinly in glazes, opaque or transparent. Unique techniques and tools are used to enhance good maritime paintings. Some of the tips offered to the artist who can make use for marine art.
* Generally, marine paintings can be drawn on the palette, so that the color can be chosen for drawing the picture. It is suggested for the people to start the oil painting with the acrylic underpainting. Better start off with acrylic underpainting so that it takes less time to dry and the oil paint can easily be applied over acrylic.
* The oil proportion in each subsequent layer must be increased, because the lower layer absorbs the oil from the upper layer. Adequate proportion of oil layer must be initiated to enhance excellent oil painting to the customer. Usually most of the artist use different sorts of oil proportion as per their requirement.
* Make sure that the color chosen for drawing are unique and excellent. Huge number of colors is available and the people can choose the best which meets their requirement exactly without any inference. Also consider that the pigment mixed with oil will quickly dries from the surface.
* Pigments containing lead, manganese helps to dry faster. It helps to mix the color with them, so that the pigments mixed with colors will dry faster without consuming much time. This method is best for under layers and for beginners, they can start up with this alternative.
* Make use of linseed oil for underpainting. Even for any other oil painting, the bottom layers can be used with linseed oil, because it dries thoroughly of all oils used as mediums.
From older days till now, oil painting fetches more demand in the market. The prices charged for the pictures depend upon the quality, theme and class of the maritime painting offered. Different sorts of techniques and tools are used by the people with the help of pigments mixing oil towards it. In most of the nautical antiques, different variety of paintings will be available and the people interested can buy the best which meets their demand exactly. When proper tips are used in oil painting, excellent marine art can be obtained.
Article source: Expert Articles